Sunday, October 31, 2010

Clergy, Retirement & a lack of financial literacy-an unorthodox display


Find classic In Napoleon Hill's Think and Grow Rich, a detailed overview of the power of thought, how the spirit really works, the immutable laws of the universe, and the most important elements for in-depth personal development and success. Not easily attracted to the idea of the accumulation of wealth in my younger years, I was only vaguely aware of the existence of this book. It wasn't until I left the world of the employee and ventured into the realm of the entrepreneur and my new training began in earnest, that I very much aware of Hill's pioneering work. That consciousness has quickly become an intimate relationship with the key tenants of the book, and the daily practice of the principles.

As a Presbyterian clergywoman, arranged in 1987, I have spent most of my career in the non-profit leaders, the interreligious movement and philanthropy. It was only after the loss of almost all of my retirement in the stock market, that I am a significant mid-course correction was made, and an entrepreneur. Now, I have the adventure of my life. For years I have committed to lifelong learning.Still, I never thought the excitement that I as a student of Hill's philosophy would feel. it's so energizing as my years in the seminary.

In the middle of Think and Grow Rich, while dealing with some of the professions where fertile opportunities for a "new brand of leadership," emerging leaders might find, (such as the political, financial, legal, industry, medicine, education and journalism) Hill makes this remarkable statement from other fields:

Religious leaders of the future will have to pay more attention to the temporal needs of their followers in the solution of their economic and personal problems of the present, and less attention to the dead past and the future yet unborn.

I found this remarkable is the first time I read the book. In my second or third reading of this volume life transform, I noticed an article on msnbc.com titled, "many clerics are ill prepared for retirement."The associated press article by Dave Carpenter began by stating that the clergy seemed an unlikely group to "secure and lasting pensions in the event of a crisis." But the article goes on to state that clergy are not only shown in a generally low paid profession, often with a modest pension and home equity is often lacking, but something more fundamental issue. In accordance with the Rev. Dr. Bert White, a retired Methodist Minister and a lecturer at the University of Boston, there is a lack of financial literacy. White points out, "clergy are so focused on the (things of) the hereafter, but we need to know about planning for life after work."

The article goes on to tell you about the different stories, no different than my own in some ways, that highlight the issue of a lifetime of service little serious retirement planning.I remember when I told my father that I my position management to seminar was abandoned. While support was his first question, "will you be able to live a life that to do?" I laughed and told him that pay probably wouldn't be great, but that the benefits would be "out of this world."Today I do not think that as smart as I did; and I'm much more likely to see that while a really "does not live by bread alone," not a long without life, either.

As a business owner you're about to successful Internet marketing now, I feel absolutely called this company, and find it helping others achieve financial security.It is a great joy for me to personal coaching and can lead the way to all of the tools and training that are available for those who want to be successful in this industry.

I doubt that I would have embraced Hill's book during my years in the seminary.And to be honest, I can imagine that a part of a list of the reading I had at the moment. but the lack of financial literacy among my fellow members of the clergy is wonderful, particularly in the light of the needs of the parishioners and chapels that regular advice of their spiritual leader on all the issues of life-including jobs and careers, retirement and financial problems.

Today I have a much wider understanding and appreciation of stewardship. and I think that Napoleon Hill's book contains deep truths, spiritual insights and understanding of the most accessible the immutable laws of our wonderful universe that I have ever seen.In addition, it contains the most detailed roadmap for real personal growth and development and success available, which is based on values that infused with integrity.I think this is a book that should be carefully read by each person, thinking of faith and/or conscience.








Assists you with your search of the economic downturn in your favor – so you can avoid Boomer to bust and start building wealth with heart.Your success is my goal.

If successful, mid-life Internet marketer and mentor Linda is committed to helping others going bust baby boomer. Despite the Rocky economy of today, there are viable options and exciting opportunities. you can ask her personally about them by visiting its Web sites and using the contact information.

Linda Compton has a BA in philosophy and a master's degree in Gerontology; and a diploma of master of divinity. They organized in the Presbyterian Church (USA) was set up in 1987. She has 30 years of combined professional experience in multinational business management (home care & hospital staff), non-profit leaders, the interreligious movement; and philanthropy. Linda is co-owner of Wealth With Heart, LLC and is a consultant of the M3 master. her passions are Internet marketing and guidance; photography; puppies, gardening, and explore the great South West.http://www.wealthwithheart.net


No comments:

Post a Comment